Offering a secure, cost-effective and easy-to-use platform for messaging, cloud meetings, conferencing and webinars, Zoom is the business communication tool of choice for over 700,000 businesses globally.
Zoom Cloud Meetings are preferred for online meetings by over 50% of Fortune 50 companies in the US.
Zoom video conferencing, and the Zoom Rooms feature, have firmly established Zoom as one of the world’s most popular collaboration platforms in the huddle, training, conference, board and meeting rooms for businesses of all sizes.
Why do so many businesses use Zoom for meetings and conferences? In this article, we take a look at some of the powerful features and innovative benefits that have made Zoom a market leading solution for cloud meetings and corporate communications, ahead of rivals such as WebEx, GoToMeetings, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams and Skype for business.
What are Zoom Cloud Meetings?
Zoom Cloud Meetings are one of the most powerful online meeting solutions available today.
Zoom provides communications software that incorporates cloud video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and remote collaboration. The Zoom Meetings service is a core feature of the Zoom product suite because it empowers teams around the world to work together more effectively, by providing innovative communication and collaboration tools that bring people closer together.
Common types of meetings that Zoom can assist with include:
- Collaborative working
- Client presentations
- Sales meetings
- Board meetings
- Technical support
Zoom Meetings can be held whenever you need to communicate with others for business purposes. Zoom is extremely scalable and can be used among individuals, small to large teams, all the way up to mass participation live event conferences with hundreds of participants and thousands of viewers.
What’s so great about the Zoom Cloud?
Zoom can be instantly activated on Zoom’s cloud, making the software a favourite amongst IT administrators. Also, if preferred with just a few minutes extra work, Zoom can be hosted on-site using the Zoom meeting connector which extends Zoom’s cloud infrastructure onto an internal network.
Cloud conferencing with Zoom includes seamless online monitoring and data reporting. The Zoom Cloud also takes care of administrative functions and global backups in the background.
Thanks to Zoom, video, voice and content sharing data all run securely on the cloud, so you can focus on your important work.
Key Features of Zoom Cloud Meetings
The Zoom system provides a broad range of features that can be used to enhance your business meetings and ensure they run as efficiently as possible, the best of which include:
HD Audio and Video Conferencing
Zoom adds the engagement tool of video to the classic webinar, allowing you to see participants as well as hear them. Some of the video conferencing features that make Zoom such a powerful communications tool include:
- High-definition – with high definition audio and video, you can be sure that your communications are crisp, clear and easily understood when using Zoom.
- Flexible screen views – you can switch views between fullscreen and gallery view to easily configure your conference settings as you want them.
- High-quality recordings – to ensure you never miss anything important, you can locally record any meeting or conference in high-quality MP4 and MP4A formats.
- Cross compatibility – no matter which device or operating system you are using Zoom on, you get the same interface. A standardised experience across devices removes frustrations, lost time and complex training, which allows users to concentrate on getting on with business.
- Dynamic voice detection – makes it easy to determine who is speaking; even if dozens of participants are speaking simultaneously.
Click here to learn more about Zoom video conferencing.
Powerful Group Collaboration Tools
Another key benefit of Zoom is the wealth of group collaboration features available that will enable you to work more effectively with others. Notable features making collaborating easier include:
- Whiteboarding – Zoom provides a digital Whiteboarding feature that allows users to draw and make notes in real time, which can then be shared with other participants.
- Screen sharing – Zoom’s intuitive interface makes screen sharing a simple process. Whether you simply want to share your desktop, display a visual presentation or share an entire video, Zoom screen sharing is powerful, easy and effective.
- Remote access – One of the most useful features of Zoom for co-working is the ability to allow remote access to your device, so other meeting participants can make direct edits to documents or co-annotate in real-time during the meeting.
- Easy content sharing – from sharing documents on your desktop, to playing a presentational video saved on your tablet, to sharing images saved in third-party tools like Dropbox or Google Drive, Zoom makes it quick and easy to share content from multiple sources during the meeting.
Simple Meeting Facilitation
Ease-of-use is one of the primary benefits that has made Zoom so popular. Inventive features for simple meeting facilitation include:
- One-touch controls – initiate a meeting instantly, schedule a meeting to your calendaring system, invite attendees and get started with simple touch controls.
- Host controls – allow the meeting initiator to have full control over who joins the meeting and the specific preferences used for the meeting or conference.
- Easy invites – each meeting is provided with a unique meeting ID, so you can easily invite new participants.
- Easy initiation – meetings can be initiated instantly or scheduled ahead of time with calendar integration and reminders sent beforehand.
- Interoperability with H.323 and SIP conference systems – you can effortlessly connect Zoom with your existing conference room system hardware. Zoom works seamlessly with video endpoints from other major conference room systems including Lifesize, Polycom and Cisco.
Key Benefits of Zoom Cloud Meetings
Businesses of all sizes around the world choose Zoom for online meetings because of key benefits including:
- Simplicity – no matter what you need to do within your meeting, your experience with Zoom is effortless, simple and intuitive.
- Cost-effective – Zoom is perfect for evolving your business communications without a burdensome time or financial investment.
- Minimal training – Zoom provides a standardised experience across all of your devices, removing the need for complex training or time-consuming setup.
- Reliability – Zoom is widely regarded as one of the most reliable systems on the market. Zoom has been engineered from the ground-up with focus and expertise, ensuring stability.
- Scalable – Zoom is truly scalable. With the ability to support 500 interactive participants, and up to 10,000 viewers, Zoom can cope with your meeting requirements, whether you’re a small business or a multinational needing to connect teams on every continent.
Zoom Cloud Meetings make it easy to initiate and participate in a conference from any location.
Zoom Cloud Meetings provide a plethora of features that can enhance communications with internal and external partners, clients and customers, and anyone else that you need to interact with for business reasons.
Why Choose MVS Audio Visual as your Zoom installers?
MVS are one of the UK’s leading audio visual specialists. All MVS Zoom conference systems can be tailored to your needs and are installed by our specially trained AV engineers.
Recognised by Zoom as a Zoom Certified Integrator, MVS is one of only a handful of certified partners across the UK who continually demonstrate the correct commitment to staff training (both sales & technical), whilst also checking that each of the Zoom systems installed by MVS reaches the high standards expected by Zoom. If you are looking for expert Zoom installers to provide a managed commercial service for your organisation, call 0203 4111 630 or click to contact MVS online.