MVS is an Audio-Visual Installation and Maintenance provider with customers all over the world, and projects throughout the UK and Europe. MVS were the first Installer that Zoom accredited Gold Standard to and We are proud winners of the Global Zoom Integrator Award for 2020.
Established in 2014, the company has grown very quickly and currently has a team of 25 and growing. We have offices based in both Wimborne and Central London. Our team is made up of a mixture of sales, delivery and operational staff, all of whom work incredibly hard in their specific roles. The culture of our company results in a tremendous amount of team work to win projects and go on to deliver them successfully, and as regularly as possible we get around as a group and celebrate our achievements.
The Project Manager has responsibility for ensuring that the Projects team delivers installations on time and within budget whilst utilising resources efficiently and effectively. The role entails supervision and working alongside the Installations team to effectively define, plan and implement project installations for our customers.
- Attends site surveys and production of detailed site survey report that supports Installation and labour plans.
- Attends site for kick off meetings with Installations team and thereafter as required in order to effectively deliver a project.
- Be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Create and Manage the project budget, monitoring variations and changes to the initial project scope together with identifying potential problems and devising contingency plans.
- Provide detailed direction and supervision of Installer for assigned projects.
- Ensures that all those within the assigned Project Team comply with the Company’s installation methodology, quality standards and associated Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- The role requires travel and occasional overnight stays.
- Proven Project Management or Senior Engineering experience within the AV industry. (Systems Integrator / Fixed Installation).
- Must be confident of managing large complex projects and overseeing smaller installations.
- Experience of building and managing client relationships.
- Ability to create system schematics and designs using drawing packages, ideally CAD or Stardraw.
- A great communicator who understands the importance of regular updates and clarity and honesty of reporting.
- Someone who isn’t scared to share the news both good and bad.
- A real team player who can empathise with the on-site team, but also knows the pressures of getting the job done.
- Can encounter problems and solves them and can share a smile and enjoy themselves with the wider team whilst doing it.
You must be able to show your right to work in the UK
Please send across a CV to email@example.com